Protecting your privacy is as important to me as it is to you. I respect your privacy and appreciate your support and trust.
Use of personal information
When you visit or use the Gerda Goosen Jewellery website, any personal information you provide to Gerda Goosen Jewellery will be processed exclusively for the purposes as described below.
When you register on this Website or make a purchase, we will ask you to input and will collect personal details from you such as your name, e-mail address, billing address and telephone number. We may also collect, and our third party providers may collect, information about where you are on the internet (e.g. the URL you came from, IP address, domain types like .co.uk and .com), your browser type, the country and telephone area code where your computer is located, the pages of our Website that were viewed during your visit, any advertisements you may have clicked on, and any search terms that you entered on our Website.
We use your information for the following purposes:
- maintaining your registration;
- processing your order and share necessary information with a courier company;
- for statistical purposes to improve this Website and its services to you;
- to serve website content to you;
- to administer this Website;
- if you consent, to notify you of products or special offers that may be of interest to you;
- if you consent, to send you information by post or email.
We may also use your personal information for our internal marketing and demographic studies, together with non-personal data to monitor customer patterns so we can consistently improve our site design to better meet our visitors’ needs. From time to time Gerda Goosen Jewellery may have to provide your personal information to contractors and external service providers associated with the operation of our business. In such cases, these third parties will have to guarantee compliance with legislation relating to the processing of personal information.
We will not release your personal details. However, you should be aware that if we are requested by the police or any other regulatory or government authority investigating suspected illegal activities to provide your personal details and/or user information, we are entitled do so.
Provision of your personal information and consequences of refusal
The provision of your personal details is necessary to register on the website and to be able to access the services related to this. The non-provision of your personal information will result in an unsuccessful registration.
Proprietor and responsible party
The proprietor and responsible party for the processing of personal data is White Moth (Pty) Ltd T/A Gerda Goosen Jewellery, based at 308 The Falls, 5 Churchill Close, Tyger Valley, Bellville, 7530, South Africa.
For any information relative to the technical management of this website, please submit a query on the Contact page.
Your rights and preferences
You have the right to know what personal information we have about you, to correct it and to opt out of any marketing.
You have the right to:
- ask what personal information we hold about you;
- ask what information was sent to our suppliers, service providers or any other third party;
- ask us to update, correct or delete any out-of-date or incorrect personal information we hold about you;
- unsubscribe from any direct marketing communications we may send you;
- object to the processing of your personal information.
It can take us up to 21 days to respond to your request.
We can refuse to delete your information if we are required by law to retain it or if we need it to protect our rights.
You can request access to the information we hold about you by submitting a request on the Contact page.
What about cookies?
How to contact us